This is a continuation of the full text of the iOS 9 User Agreement. To read Part 1, go here. We especially like the language in section 10, in which you promise to not use iOS 9 to develop, design, make, or produce missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
Full Text of iOS 9 Agreement – Part 2
10. Export Control. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the iOS Software except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which the iOS Software was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the iOS Software may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List or any other restricted party lists. By using the iOS Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use the iOS Software for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
11. Government End Users. The iOS Software and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
12. Controlling Law and Severability. This License will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflict of law principles. This License shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. If you are a consumer based in the United Kingdom, this License will be governed by the laws of the jurisdiction of your residence. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this License shall continue in full force and effect.
13. Complete Agreement; Governing Language. This License constitutes the entire agreement between you and Apple relating to the iOS Software and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by Apple. Any translation of this License is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English versions, the English version of this License shall govern, to the extent not prohibited by local law in your jurisdiction.
15. Use of MPEG-4; H.264/AVC Notice.
(a) The iOS Software is licensed under the MPEG-4 Systems Patent Portfolio License for encoding in compliance with the MPEG-4 Systems Standard, except that an additional license and payment of royalties are necessary for encoding in connection with (i) data stored or replicated in physical media which is paid for on a title by title basis and/or (ii) data which is paid for on a title by title basis and is transmitted to an end user for permanent storage and/or use. Such additional license may be obtained from MPEG LA, LLC. See http://www.mpegla.com for additional details.
(b) The iOS Software contains MPEG-4 video encoding and/or decoding functionality. The iOS Software is licensed under the MPEG-4 Visual Patent Portfolio License for the personal and non-commercial use of a consumer for (i) encoding video in compliance with the MPEG-4 Visual Standard (“MPEG-4 Video”) and/or (ii) decoding MPEG-4 video that was encoded by a consumer engaged in a personal and non-commercial activity and/or was obtained from a video provider licensed by MPEG LA to provide MPEG-4 video. No license is granted or shall be implied for any other use. Additional information including that relating to promotional, internal and commercial uses and licensing may be obtained from MPEG LA, LLC. See http://www.mpegla.com.
The Internet Patrol is completely free, and reader-supported. Your tips via CashApp, Venmo, or Paypal are appreciated! Receipts will come from ISIPP.
(c) The iOS Software contains AVC encoding and/or decoding functionality, commercial use of H.264/AVC requires additional licensing and the following provision applies: THE AVC FUNCTIONALITY IN THE iOS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED HEREIN ONLY FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AVC STANDARD (“AVC VIDEO”) AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR AVC VIDEO THAT WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE AVC VIDEO. INFORMATION REGARDING OTHER USES AND LICENSES MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA L.L.C. SEE HTTP://WWW.MPEGLA.COM.
16. Yahoo Search Service Restrictions. The Yahoo Search Service available through Safari is licensed for use only in the following countries and regions: Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, The Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, UK, Uruguay, US and Venezuela.
17. Microsoft Exchange Notice. The Microsoft Exchange mail setting in the iOS Software is licensed only for over-the-air synchronization of information, such as email, contacts, calendar and tasks, between your iOS and Microsoft Exchange Server or other server software licensed by Microsoft to implement the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync protocol.
Apple Pay Supplemental Terms and Conditions
These Apple Pay Supplemental Terms and Conditions (the “Supplemental Terms”) supplement the iOS Software License Agreement (the “License”); both the terms of the License and these Supplemental Terms govern your use of the Apple Pay feature. Capitalized terms used in these Supplemental Terms have the meanings set forth in the License.
1 Overview and Use Restrictions
Apple Pay allows you to store virtual representations of credit and debit cards, including store credit and debit cards, which are supported by the Apple Pay feature (“Supported Payment Cards”) and use supported iOS Devices to make contactless payments in select stores or within apps. Apple Pay also allows you to use rewards cards that are stored in Wallet, including those that contain stored value (“Apple Pay-Enabled Rewards Cards”, and together with Supported Payment Cards, “Supported Cards”), to make contactless rewards cards transactions in select stores as part of a contactless payment using Apple Pay. The Apple Pay features of the iOS Software may only be available in select regions, with select card issuers, and with select merchants. Features may vary by region, issuer, and merchant.
In order to use Apple Pay, you must have a card supported by the Apple Pay feature. Supported Cards may change from time to time. Supported Payment Cards require an active iCloud account in order to use this feature. Supported Cards are only available to individuals aged 13 years or older, and may be subject to additional age-based restrictions imposed by iCloud or the Supported Card which you are trying to provision.
You agree not to use Apple Pay for illegal or fraudulent purposes, or any other purposes which are prohibited by the License and these Supplemental Terms. You further agree to use Apple Pay in accordance with applicable law and regulation. You agree not to interfere with or disrupt the Apple Pay service (including accessing the service through any automated means), or any servers or networks connected to the service, or any policies, requirements or regulations of networks connected to the service (including any unauthorized access to, use or monitoring of data or traffic thereon).
2 Apple’s Relationship With You
Apple Pay enables you to create a virtual representation of your Supported Payment Cards on your supported iOS Device and use Apple Pay-Enabled Rewards Cards as part of a payment, however Apple does not process payments or rewards cards transactions (such as reward accrual and redemption), or have any other control over payments, returns, refunds, rewards, value, discounts or other commerce activity that may arise out of your use of this feature. The terms of cardholder agreements you may have in place with your issuing bank will continue to govern your use of your Supported Payment Cards and their use in connection with Apple Pay. Similarly, your participation in any merchant rewards or stored value programs and your use of Apple Pay-Enabled Rewards Cards in connection with Apple Pay will be subject to such merchant’s terms and conditions. Nothing in the License or these Supplemental Terms modifies the terms of any cardholder or merchant agreement, and such terms will govern your use of the applicable Supported Card and its virtual representation on your iOS Device.
You agree that Apple is not a party to your cardholder or merchant agreements, nor is Apple responsible for the content, accuracy or unavailability of any payment cards, rewards cards, stored value cards, commerce activities, transactions or purchases while using Apple Pay functionality, nor is Apple in any way involved in the issuance of credit or assessing eligibility for credit, or the accrual or redemption of rewards under a merchant’s rewards program. For all disputes or questions about payment cards, rewards cards, stored value cards, or associated commerce activity, please contact your issuer or the applicable merchant.
Apple Pay requires some information from your iOS Device in order to offer the full experience. You can find more information on the data collected, used or shared as part of your use of Apple Pay by reading About Apple Pay and Privacy or by visiting http://www.apple.com/privacy.
4 Security; Lost or Disabled Devices
Apple Pay stores virtual representations of your Supported Payment Cards and should be protected as you would protect your physical credit and debit cards. Providing your device passcode to a third party or allowing a third party to add their fingerprint to use Touch ID may result in their ability to make payments and receive or redeem rewards using Apple Pay on your device. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device and of your passcode. You agree that Apple does not have any responsibility if you lose or share access to your device. You agree that Apple does not have any responsibility if you make unauthorized modifications to iOS (such as by way of a “jailbreak”).
If your device is lost or stolen and you have Find My iPhone enabled, you can use Find My iPhone to attempt to suspend the ability to pay with the virtual credit and debit cards on the device by putting it into Lost Mode. You can also erase your device, which will attempt to suspend the ability to pay with the virtual credit and debit cards on the device and will also attempt to remove the Apple Pay-Enabled Rewards Cards. You should also contact the bank who issued your credit and debit cards and the merchant who issued your rewards or stored value cards in order to prevent unauthorized access to your virtual Supported Cards.
If you report or Apple suspects fraudulent or abusive activity, you agree to cooperate with Apple in any investigation and to use any fraud prevention measures we prescribe.
5 Limitation of Liability
IN ADDITION TO THE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THE LICENSE, APPLE DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY FOR PURCHASES, PAYMENTS, TRANSACTIONS, OR OTHER COMMERCE ACTIVITY MADE USING THE APPLE PAY FEATURE, AND YOU AGREE TO LOOK SOLELY TO AGREEMENTS YOU MAY HAVE WITH YOUR ISSUING BANK, PAYMENT NETWORK, OR MERCHANT TO RESOLVE ANY QUESTIONS OR DISPUTES RELATING TO YOUR SUPPORTED CARDS, VIRTUAL SUPPORTED CARDS AND ASSOCIATED COMMERCE ACTIVITY.
NOTICES FROM APPLE
If Apple needs to contact you about your product or account, you consent to receive the notices by email. You agree that any such notices that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements.