The year is quickly coming to an end and we have written about several apps over the past year. While some weren’t the best, like the false sense of security provided by the Wickr app (link), there were several we loved. Here is a list of some of our favorite apps of 2012:
1. William Shatner Shatoetry App – William Shatner lovers rejoice: you can now carry the Shat in your pocket at all times, via the new iPhone app Shatoetry. If you want to hear the sultry velvet vocal stylings of Captain Kirk himself, you can now whip out your phone and make him say whatever you want, however you want. Start Shatting!.
2. Treater – The new iPhone and Android app, Treater, makes it easier than ever to send a little gift of love or appreciation to a friend or coworker. With Treater, you can send various treats to friends, loved ones and co-workers with a few taps on the screen of your mobile device. You can download Treater from the iTunes app store and the Google Play market.
3. Fish: a Tap Essay – An app as an essay, that is what is behind Robin Sloane’s, author of Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hours Bookstore, app, Fish: a Tap Essay. It doesn’t do anything like allow you to play games or find friends. It is simply an essay with some thoughts on the Internet, and the way that we treat and view online content. Check out the app for yourself.
|Get notified of new Internet Patrol articles for free!
|Or Read Internet Patrol Articles Right in Your Inbox!
as Soon as They are Published! Only $1 a Month!
Imagine being able to read full articles right in your email, or on your phone, without ever having to click through to the website unless you want to! Just $1 a month and you can cancel at any time!
4. Fitness Buddy Exercise – Get a jump start on your New Years resolution to get in shape with the Fitness Buddy Exercise App. New Years Eve is fast approaching, which means that it won’t be long before remorseful holiday indulgers make their New Years resolutions to get in shape. The Fitness Buddy app is an excellent way to help you achieve your goals of getting fit and is designed to be your own virtual personal trainer. Get Fitness Buddy in the app store
|We know you're sick of ads on websites. But we still need to pay to keep the lights on for you. So instead of huge ads and video ads, we use smaller, plainer ads. Still, if you'd like to support the Internet Patrol but not the ads, please consider supporting us here:|
5. Google Voice Search – For those of you who are fed up with Siri not understanding you when you ask her to perform a search, then the Google Voice Search app may be just what you need. When you ask Google Voice Search where the nearest taco shops around you are, unlike Siri, which will likely come back with a list of the nearest tackle shops, the Google Voice Search app will deliver your request with consistent precision.
Stay tuned for our list of apps to download for 2013!
No Paywall Here!
The Internet Patrol is and always has been free. We don't hide our articles behind a paywall, or restrict the number of articles you can read in a month if you don't give us money. That said, it does cost us money to run the site, so if something you read here was helpful or useful, won't you consider donating something to help keep the Internet Patrol free? Thank you!
|Get notified of new Internet Patrol articles!