We brought you some of our favorite apps for 2012, and here is our list of top must-have for 2013! These apps are designed to make your life better, faster, more efficient and happier. Ok, we cannot promise that they will make you happier, but they certainly are handy little helpers.
1. My Fitness Pal – If your New Year resolution is to lose weight, then this is an excellent app to help. It is especially helpful if used in conjunction with one of our other favorite apps, Fitness Buddy. (link) My Fitness Pal works similarly to Weight Watchers, but without the monthly fee. Once you have identified your goal weight, you simply enter information about yourself, such as weight and height, and My Fitness Pal will calculate how many calories you should consume, and how much exercise you should do, to safely reach your goal weight. They have a huge database of food to make your food logging easy, and have an extensive online forum to offer support! One of the things we love best about this app is that, if you go over your exercise requirement, or do well on your calories, it will give you an update on how quickly you will reach your goal weight if you keep up the good work! You can get My Fitness Pal for both the iPhone and Android.
2. Pic Stitch – This easy-to-use app allows users to create fun photo collages, using the photos in your phone, or allowing you to take pictures from the app. From there, photos can be uploaded to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also send the pictures via email, or send them straight to Walgreens to be printed. You can download the free version, or pay a little extra for a non-ad supported version that offers more bells and whistles.
3. Do! – If you are a list-maker, or are making being more organized a new years resolution, this simple and straightforward app allows you to do so easily and quickly. Let’s face it, if you are a list-making type, you don’t want to waste time figure out how to use a list-making app. You just want to download it and commence with the list-making. Do! offers a simple and elegant format that will make list-making a pleasure.
|Get notified of new Internet Patrol articles for free!
|Or Read Internet Patrol Articles Right in Your Inbox!
as Soon as They are Published! Only $1 a Month!
Imagine being able to read full articles right in your email, or on your phone, without ever having to click through to the website unless you want to! Just $1 a month and you can cancel at any time!
4. Mint – If your new years resolution is to be more financially fit, the Mint app is a great choice to stay focused when you’re out and about. You can link all of your financial accounts to the secure app, and keep track of your budget. It even offers charts and graphs for those who are more visually inclined, in order to give you an at-a-glance view of where you are most heavily spending. This is a great app to download to start feeling in control of your finances!
5. Run Pee – For those of you who like to indulge in the bucket-sized sodas at the movie theater, or just for those with tiny bladders, this app is the best thing since Depends. How many times have you been sitting in a movie with an overwhelming feeling to run to the bathroom, but afraid to go for fear of missing something critical? Well this handy little app tells you exactly when it is safe to run to the loo, and for how long, without missing out on a scene critical to the story line. Simple find the movie you are attending from the app list, and it will give you scene or dialogue cues as to when you can go, or, you can start a silent timer at the time the movie starts and your phone will vibrate when you can safely go to the bathroom. Of course, please try to get this set up before the movie starts, as we don’t advocate using your phone during the movie and annoying your seat neighbors.
6. 360 Panorama – This is a great app for taking full 360 degree Panoramic photos with your mobile device. All you have to do is pan the camera around and the app will stitch the pictures together, creating a flawless panoramic photo. Each picture is then GPS tagged to remember exactly where the picture was taken. You can also share your picture via email, Facebook and Twitter.
While this is not even the beginning of an extensive list of great apps, these are the ones that have us buzzing! We would love to hear from you! What are your must-have apps for 2013?
No Paywall Here!
The Internet Patrol is and always has been free. We don't hide our articles behind a paywall, or restrict the number of articles you can read in a month if you don't give us money. That said, it does cost us money to run the site, so if something you read here was helpful or useful, won't you consider donating something to help keep the Internet Patrol free? Thank you!
|Get notified of new Internet Patrol articles!