We often have occasion to need to OCR a PDF to convert it to text, and we believe that we have found the best online PDF to text converter out there. Whether you need an online PDF to Word converter, a PDF to doc or docx converter, or even a PDF to Excel converter, this online PDF converter will do it, and best of all, if your document is short, it’s free! And, they support 46 languages! Here’s our review.
The service we are talking about is OnlineOCR.net, and we genuinely think that they are awesome.
We also want you to know that in looking up more of their info in preparation for writing this article, we discovered that if you write an article about them they will give you 200 free pages, so to be clear, we did not know that, that is not why we are writing this article and, in fact, we’re not even going to tell them that we wrote it. We are writing this article as a service to you, our readers, not to get free stuff. :-)
So here are some of the really cool things about OnlineOCR.net.
|Read Internet Patrol Articles Right in Your Inbox as Soon as They are Published! Only $1 a Month!
Imagine being able to read full articles right in your email, or on your phone, without ever having to click through to the website unless you want to! Just $1 a month and you can cancel at any time!
Why We Love the OnlineOCR.net Free OCR PDF to Text Converter
- It is incredibly easy to use! Just upload the PDF you want converted, select the language of the PDF and the output format, and click the ‘convert’ button!
- And speaking of selecting the language, some of those 46 languages that they support include Albanian, Basque, Brazilian, Chinese, Croation, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, and, of course, English. They can even handle PDFs that are in two or more languages! For a full list of language that they support, see here.
- You can email your documents to them, and they will email you back the converted text! How cool is that?
- You can convert up to 15 pages at a time for free.
- If you need to convert more than 15 pages at a time, you can buy more pages for just 10¢ a page.
- We keep saying “pages”, but in fact you can also OCR and convert JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG, PCX, and TIF files!
- You can even upload a ZIP archive and it will OCR and convert all of the files in the archive!
You can see why we rave about this service – it has helped us on many occasions, for example when we are writing about a court decision or a policy document that we want to explain to you (most recently we used it in our articles about the Klayman decision regarding the NSA collection of cell phone data, and our explanation of the Amazon lawsuit against fake reviewers).
So, if you need to OCR a PDF to have it converted to text, check out the free PDF to text converter at OnlineOCR.net!
|Get notified of new Internet Patrol articles!