If you are trying to cancel your paid subscription with Match.com and get the message “You are currently subscribed through the iTunes App Store. Please log in to your iTunes account to manage any subscription issues” when logged into Match on your computer, you may be having trouble figuring out exactly how to do that. They certainly don’t make it easy (but of course it’s easy enough to sign up for that paid subscription).
You may have thought this meant that you needed to open the app on your phone (after all, that’s how you signed up, so it would make some sense that maybe that is how you need to cancel), but…no. The reality is much less obvious than that. Here’s how to cancel your Match.com subscription through your iTunes store account.
How to Cancel a Match.com Subscription Through iTunes
1. Launch your iTunes app on your computer
2. Go to the iTunes menu bar, click on ‘Store’, and select ‘View Account’
3. Sign into your iTunes account
4. Once in your iTunes account, scroll all the way down the page until you see ‘Settings’
5. Find the Subscriptions line, and click on Manage
6. Find your Match.com subscription and click on it
7. Find the ‘Cancel Subscription’ button, and PRESS IT!
That’s it, you’re done and your subscription is cancelled!
Don’t forget that cancelling the Match.com subscription is not the same as closing your account, which you have to do directly through Match.com. Also don’t forget that once you have cancelled your account with Match.com, logging back into your Match.com account after cancelling it will reactivate it.