Users, particularly Mac OS X users who use Firefox, are reporting that when trying to install the latest update to Adobe Flash, the Flash installer just hangs at 90%, and never completes, no matter what they do. If your Adobe Flash installer is stopping at 90%, here’s what to do.
The Problem: Adobe Flash Installer Hangs at 90% Complete
Now, we can’t guarantee that this will help you with all Adobe Flash install issues, but it will help with this particular issue. And fortunately it’s very easy!
How to Fix the Adobe Flash Installer Hanging at 90% Problem
1. Shut down Firefox.
|Get notified of new Internet Patrol articles for free!
2. Delete the Adobe install package(s) you have been trying to use.
3. Restart your Mac. Do not restart Firefox – if Firefox restarts on its own, shut it down.
4. Open Safari.
5. In Safari download a fresh version of the Adobe Flash installer here. This may be the same place you got it from before, that is fine.
6. Run the Adobe Flash installer with Safari open, and Firefox not open.
7. Enjoy the fact that the Flash installer completes the install and doesn’t hang at 90%.
Once the install is complete, you can open Firefox and it will use the new Flash version.
No Paywall Here!
The Internet Patrol is and always has been free. We don't hide our articles behind a paywall, or restrict the number of articles you can read in a month if you don't give us money. That said, it does cost us money to run the site, so if something you read here was helpful or useful, won't you consider donating something to help keep the Internet Patrol free? Thank you!
|Get notified of new Internet Patrol articles!